Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Break the rules of the Legend of Zelda timeline!  (Read 150 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 01, 2021, 04:05:24 pm »

Break the rules of the Legend of Zelda timeline!

It's time we broke tradition and ventured beyond the realms of Hyrule!

I have a confession to make — I never played The Legend of Zelda series as a kid. This is strange because I played many Nintendo games growing up, including Mario, Pokémon, Metroid, and Super Smash Brothers. Maybe I was scared off by the traumatizing imagery of Majora's Mask, or I was too engrossed in Super Metroid and Metroid Prime at the time to give Zelda a proper chance. It wasn't until I played the original Hyrule Warriors on the Nintendo Wii U that I finally decided to give the Zelda series a shot.

After playing several games, I can definitely see why this series has captivated gamers and how much impact it left on the videogame industry. However, there's something about the Zelda franchise that rubs me up the wrong way: the timeline. This timeline has established rules and traditions that have discouraged the Zelda developers from making games that risk upsetting the status quo, angering the fanbase. I...

Source: Break the rules of the Legend of Zelda timeline!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: