Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Apple's 'What's a computer' just rekt Microsoft's 'real computer' worldview  (Read 425 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 18, 2017, 04:05:18 pm »

Why Apple's 'What's a computer' just rekt Microsoft's 'real computer' worldview

Microsoft's new "real computer" comments juxtaposed against Apple's new "what's a computer?" iPad ad.

Yesterday was strange. I opened Twitter and saw a remarkable juxtaposition of story links. In the first, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella was characterizing Apple as a "luxury goods manufacturer" and telling reporters on iPads that they "need to get a real computer." In the second, Apple released a new iPad spot asking, "What's a computer?"

From TechRadar:

As [Nadella] walked into the room along with Microsoft India head Anant Maheshwari, Nadella spots that I and a colleague have iPads and cheerfully says, "You need to get a real computer, my friend."

And:

"In a way, I don't want to take away from whatever success Apple or Google are having. We are very different companies. We are not some middleman in the marketplace. We are a tool creator, we are not a luxury good manufacturer. That's not who we are. We are about creating technologies so that others can build."

The old new...

Source: Why Apple's 'What's a computer' just rekt Microsoft's 'real computer' worldview
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: