Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting APFS resizing errors using Disk Utility? This fix may help!  (Read 308 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 27, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »

Getting APFS resizing errors using Disk Utility? This fix may help!

Here's a fix to try when getting resizing errors with Disk Utility on macOS High Sierra.

After many years using the venerable HFS+, Apple has finally released an updated filesystem aptly named the Apple Filesystem (APFS for short). The new APFS, released with macOS High Sierra, sports improvements to encryption, file integrity and space allocation, and adds features such as cloning and snapshots.

What is a filesystem?

A filesystem is the logic an operating system uses to catalog, store, and retrieve data on a storage medium such as a disk drive.

Shrinking partition results in an error

As with any implementation of a new feature set, end users may run into unexpected quirks and incompatibilities. One such quirk I ran into was trying to resize my MacBook Air's system partition to make room for a GNU/Linux install on the same computer. I used Disk Utility to perform a partition shrink (something I've done countless of times in the past) and ran into error code 49153.

How to fix AP...

Source: Getting APFS resizing errors using Disk Utility? This fix may help!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: