Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Status Magic review: Perform nifty hocus-pocus on iOS screenshots  (Read 334 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 04, 2013, 11:01:16 pm »

Status Magic review: Perform nifty hocus-pocus on iOS screenshots

Editor’s note: The following review is part of Macworld’s GemFest 2013. Every day (except Sunday) from mid-July until late September, the Macworld staff will use the Mac Gems blog to briefly cover a standout free or low-cost program. Learn more about GemFest in this Macworld podcast. You can view a list of this year’s apps, updated daily, on our handy GemFest page, and you can visit the Mac Gems homepage for past Mac Gems reviews.

I love me a good niche app, and Status Magic 1.7 (Mac App Store link) is an excellent one. You're in the target audience for Status Magic if you ever take—and share—iOS screenshots. So app developers and folks in my own trade should pay close attention.

When you snap an iOS screenshot, you capture a precise moment in time. That's not always desirable—at least, not when it comes to the status bar that sits atop the screen. Oh, that pesky status bar, glibly letting everyone know you snapped the screenshot well after midnight, your battery dangerously low, your signal strength weak.

Such elements can distract from your screenshot, and thus have no place there. Status Magic offers two slick ways to improve matters.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2046460/status-magic-review-perform-nifty-hocus-pocus-on-ios-screenshots.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: