Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to set up and customize your Mac from scratch  (Read 346 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 18, 2016, 04:05:21 pm »

How to set up and customize your Mac from scratch

Who needs restoring from a backup? If you want to set up your new Mac from scratch, here's what you need to do.

The MacBook Pro I'm writing this article on is my first laptop in nine months. Last March, my MacBook Air had an unfortunate drowning incident; in the months since, I've been working on an iPad Pro while out and about.

My only other computer, a 5K Retina iMac, has a terabyte hard drive, and as such, wasn't the best candidate to clone to a 256GB SSD. The situation was clear: I was going to have to do a fresh setup on my new MacBook Pro rather than restore it from a laptop backup.

Thanks to iCloud, the Mac App Store, and other cloud-based storage providers like Dropbox, this premise isn't nearly as terrifying as it used to be. But there are still quite a few steps you're going to want to make sure you go through when setting up from scratch.

So, as I went through the process myself on the MacBook Pro, I made a list. Hopefully this will help you, dear reader, should you al...

Source: How to set up and customize your Mac from scratch
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: