Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Controllers unleashed: Apple TV gaming is about to get a Kraken-sized upgrade!  (Read 355 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 29, 2016, 04:05:20 pm »

Controllers unleashed: Apple TV gaming is about to get a Kraken-sized upgrade!

Brianna Wu is the head of Development at Giant Spacekat, host of Disruption and Rocket on Relay, and co-author of Women in Tech. She also lives to troll iMore senior editor Georgia Dow.

*/

/*-->*/

/*-->*/

By removing the Siri remote requirement in tvOS 10, Apple is making a big improvement to Apple TV gaming.

In every way, the new Apple TV is a step up from the version it replaced. The interface is better, its channel selection is massively expanded, and forget the haters — I find the new remote a blast to use. But as much as I love it, I found it hard at first to not feel a bit frustrated by the state of gaming on the platform. Thankfully, I have hope that this will soon be changing — starting with restrictions being lifted on custom controllers.

Remote limitations

The Siri Remote makes a lot of sense for watching TV and navigating content. It offers a touch area a bit larger than a postage stamp at the tip of the remote — just large enough for your thumb...

Source: Controllers unleashed: Apple TV gaming is about to get a Kraken-sized upgrade!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: