Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All together now: Would Apple ever go for Microsoft-style convergence?  (Read 1417 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 12, 2015, 03:00:16 pm »

All together now: Would Apple ever go for Microsoft-style convergence?

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
A decade or so, the idea of convergence was king. Rather than having a slew of different devices like a media player and an ebook reader and a gaming console, the idea was that we’d some day have a single device capable of handling all the different tasks that we might throw at it. While the iPhone and iPad have in some ways delivered on those promises—they’re media players, Internet communicators, and so on—if anything, device proliferation has only gotten more pronounced over the last few years.</p><p>
That’s why I find myself intrigued by one particular announcement from Microsoft—yes, that Microsoft—this past week. The Display Dock is a small box, probably about the size of an Apple TV, into which you plug a monitor and other peripherals, such as a mouse and keyboard. When you sit down at your desk, you dock your phone, and voilà, it becomes a computer. One device, multiple contexts. A strange idea, to be sure, but one that I think might be a harbinger of things to come.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2991472/os-x/all-together-now-would-apple-ever-go-for-microsoft-style-convergence.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: All together now: Would Apple ever go for Microsoft-style convergence?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: