Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd love persistent, ambient authentication in iPhone XI  (Read 282 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 26, 2017, 04:05:20 pm »

I'd love persistent, ambient authentication in iPhone XI

People don't want Touch ID or Face ID — they just want locked-down security without having to type a passcode.

OK. iPhone IX or iPhone 9 — or whatever Apple calls the 2018 iPhone flagship — might be overly aggressive. But the heart wants what the heart wants.

Apple has now shipped iPhone X, the company's first device with an edge-to-rounded-edge display. That drove Apple to replace Touch ID, its fingerprint identity sensor, with Face ID, a new facial identity scanner. But not without some losses and compromises.

Still, just like Touch ID was faster and more convenient than passcode and Touch ID 2 was so fast it barely felt like authentication, Face ID is almost transparent. Most of the time, your phone unlocks or your app authenticates and you're left staring at the fading animation, just beginning to realize you've been identified, when you're already in.

There are a few times, though, when your finger moisture has changed or you're wearing gloves, or your face...

Source: I'd love persistent, ambient authentication in iPhone XI
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: