Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Huffduffer saves Web audio to your own podcast stream  (Read 316 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 03, 2013, 03:01:08 pm »

Huffduffer saves Web audio to your own podcast stream

Sometimes you want to listen to a specific episode of a podcast without subscribing to it. Sometimes you’ve been pointed to an audio file out on the Internet and, while you can’t listen to it immediately, want to save it for later. And sometimes a mean ol’ podcast producer will do what I did recently and post an audio file outside of the podcast’s usual RSS feed. (Mine was an enhanced AAC version of my podcast’s special radio-drama episode.)

There’s an easier way, a service that is to audio files what Instapaper and the like are to podcasts.

What’s a podcast fan on a mobile device supposed to do with these files? iOS users could add them via iTunes, so long as they’re still syncing media via iTunes regularly. Users of some podcast apps, such as Downcast, may be surprised to discover there’s a place to paste in file URLs.

But there’s an easier way, a service that is to audio files what Instapaper and the like are to podcasts. It’s called Huffduffer, a free service created by Jeremy Keith.

Here’s how Huffduffer works: You sign up for an account and drag the Huffduff It bookmarklet into your browser’s toolbar. (There’s also a Safari extension.) When you visit a webpage containing an audio file you want to save, you click the Huffduff It button, add some optional metadata, and press the button. You can also just visit Huffduffer.com and add any file URL manually.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2037095/huffduffer-saves-web-audio-to-your-own-podcast-stream.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: