Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Review: Moshi Luna keyboard for Mac offers backlit keys, stylish design  (Read 432 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 22, 2013, 11:01:03 pm »

Review: Moshi Luna keyboard for Mac offers backlit keys, stylish design

If there’s one thing I miss from my old MacBook Pro, it’s the backlit keyboard, which let me easily see keys in the dark—being a morlock, a dimly lit room is my preferred work environment. Moshi’s $100 Luna is a USB desktop keyboard with a similar feature: It has backlit, illuminated keys, similar to those found on Apple’s MacBook Air and MacBook Pro keyboards.

The Luna is a full-size, 109-key keyboard with a glossy-black finish surrounded, around the edges, by clear acrylic. The keyboard is angled downward at a nine-degree angle that can’t be adjusted, so if you prefer a flat typing surface, this may not be the keyboard for you. Having said that, I have no complaints about the keyboard’s angle—I found it fairly neutral for my usual typing position and I didn’t experience any difficulty using it for long periods.

Part of the reason for this comfort is that the Luna is a low-profile keyboard, with a key feel not terribly different from Apple’s current keyboards. Underneath the keys are scissor-switch mechanisms, which help produce a smooth, short keystroke with a soft touch. The Luna lacks the sharp, tactile response of a mechanical keyboard such as Matias’s Tactile Pro, but using the Luna is an easy transition for people accustomed to the membrane-style keyboards found on Apple’s products. The keyboard is also quiet, making it well-suited for work in a shared space.

Unlike many keyboards in this price range, the wired Luna keyboard lacks pass-through USB ports of its own, so if you have other devices you’re planning to plug in, you’ll need to use one of your Mac’s USB ports instead.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2031578/review-moshi-luna-keyboard-for-mac-offers-backlit-keys-stylish-design.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: