Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nest Cam vs. WyzeCam: Clash of the connected cameras  (Read 287 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 04, 2018, 04:05:21 pm »

Nest Cam vs. WyzeCam: Clash of the connected cameras

The top-of-the-line veteran or the super cheap upstart: Which indoor camera gives you the most bang for your buck?

When we needed a baby monitor for our first child, my wife and I splurged on the Nest Cam Indoor ($190), wowed by its high-def imagery, night vision, and two-way audio abilities. When the stork visited a second time, we picked up a WyzeCam v2, bearing similar-looking specs and a seemingly absurd $19.99 price point .

No, that's not a misprint. I didn't omit a zero. The WyzeCam costs just under twenty bucks. (Twenty-five-ish, with shipping.)

In the end, one of these cameras left us with at least a twinge of buyers' remorse. Let's compare them lens-to-lens to help you decide which one might work best for you.

Design and build quality

A somber black mini-lith, the Nest Cam Indoor looks like the product of some illicit, clandestine union between Darth Vader and the HAL 9000. It bends and twists easily enough to position precisely, but with enough resistance to assure you...

Source: Nest Cam vs. WyzeCam: Clash of the connected cameras
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: