Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ivy Bridge Quad-Core Desktop and Mobile Processors Reportedly Launching on April 29  (Read 381 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 29, 2012, 11:00:34 am »

Ivy Bridge Quad-Core Desktop and Mobile Processors Reportedly Launching on April 29

CPU World reports that Intel will be introducing a number of its new Ivy Bridge processors for desktop and mobile systems during the week of April 22-28, with availability set for April 29.   The date had previously been cited as the launch for quad-core desktop chips, but the latest rumors indicate that several quad-core mobile chips will be making their debuts at the same time.

Ivy Bridge chips scheduled for April 29 launch

The new chips launching on April 29 seem to give Apple a number of options for upgrading its higher-end Mac lineup, including the iMac and MacBook Pro.  But lower-power chips suitable for the MacBook Air will not arrive until June 3 based on the claimed timetable.Ivy Bridge processors will be announced in the 4th week of April, between April 22 and April 28. The announcement will include only quad-core models: mobile Core i7 and Core i7 Extreme families, desktop Core i7, Core i5-3570K, i5-3570T, i5-3550, i5-3550S, i5-3450 and i5-3450S. The announced chips will be available for sale on April 29, and the reviews and benchmarks should be published on the same day.On the MacBook Pro side, the Core i7-3720QM and 3820QM chips appearing on April 29 would appear to be the natural successors to the processors found in the current high-end 15-inch and 17-inch MacBook Pro models.  Apple is, however, reportedly slimming down its 13-inch and 15-inch models, and it is unclear how those design changes will impact the company's selection of processors in the smaller models.

Ivy Bridge chips scheduled for June 3 launch

The June 3 launch will bring a significant expansion of availability for mobile computers, adding six dual-core mobile Core i5 and Core i7 processors and a pair of ultra-low voltage dual-core chips.  Lower-end Core i3 chips are scheduled to follow in the third quarter of the year.

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Apple Releases Logic Pro and Logic Express 9.1.7
• Harry Potter E-Books Finally Available
• Apple Releases Safari 5.1.5
• Chinese Government Approves New iPad for Sale
• Japanese Robot Uses iPhone as Toy Dog's Face

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/03/28/ivy-bridge-quad-core-desktop-and-mobile-processors-reportedly-launching-on-april-29/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: