Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hands on with Hype 2's ten new features  (Read 290 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 22, 2013, 03:01:12 pm »

Hands on with Hype 2's ten new features

Since I started messing around with HTML back in the 90s, I’ve had a long-standing hatred of WYSIWYG editors. (It probably stems from too many late nights yelling at early versions of Dreamweaver and its terrible, terrible output.) To this day, I prefer to manually code almost everything I do.

But hand-coding HTML5 animation today is about as fun as hand-coding image maps in the 90s—you don’t really want to spend your day neck-deep in CSS and number-transforms if you can get away with it. Hype 1.0 was the first program to make this breathlessly simple and cross-browser friendly, and I loved the app for it. Hype 2 is a huge upgrade to an already-fantastic program, packing in ten new features (and more than a few tiny ones). I took Hype’s new version for a spin; here are some observations.

The glory of instant preview

One of Hype’s coolest new features is actually another app altogether—Hype Reflect, a free program for iOS devices that lets you instantly preview your work on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Hype Reflect lets you preview any project on your iOS device.
To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

http://www.macworld.com/article/2047164/hands-on-with-hype-2s-ten-new-features.html#tk.rss_all

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: