Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former iAd Chief Andy Miller Joins 3D Motion Control Company Leap Motion  (Read 386 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 17, 2012, 07:00:33 pm »

Former iAd Chief Andy Miller Joins 3D Motion Control Company Leap Motion

Leap Motion today announced (via The Next Web) that Apple's former iAd chief Andy Miller is joining the company as President and Chief Operating Officer.  Miller was the founder of mobile advertising firm Quattro Wireless, which Apple acquired in January 2010 to form the basis of its iAd platform.  Miller left Apple last August to take a position in venture capital.

Leap Motion has introduced innovative new touch-free technology that will allow users to control their computers by gesturing in space above an iPod-sized USB peripheral sensing device.  Leap Motion is currently taking pre-orders for the $70 device, which is compatible with OS X and Windows and is expected to begin shipping late this year or early next year"I've been fortunate to work with some of the most influential figures and companies in the technology industry, and I'm as excited about the Leap as I've ever been about a technology," said Miller. "The potential for the Leap is limitless, as it is going to fundamentally change the way we interact with so many devices in our lives. I'm thrilled to come on board and looking forward to growing Leap Motion into the technology powerhouse it's on the road to becoming."

Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Bertrand Serlet Joins Parallels Board of Directors
• New Barcelona Apple Store Has Unique "Coming Soon" Billboard
• Apple Preparing Move to Expanded Space at Largest Mall in U.S.
• Apple Updates iPhoto to Version 9.3.1 With Minor Bug Fixes
• Apple Store SoHo Reopens Saturday July 14th After Extensive Expansion

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/07/17/former-iad-chief-andy-miller-joins-3d-motion-control-company-leap-motion/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: