Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The most annoying Apple TV feature is about to be fixed  (Read 445 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 10, 2016, 09:00:14 am »

The most annoying Apple TV feature is about to be fixed

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
The fourth-gen Apple TV’s App Store is a game-changer, but searching for and installing apps is one of the most irritating experiences I've ever had on an Apple device because you have to use the touchpad remote to enter text. It takes <strong>forever</strong>. But tvOS 9.2 is about to change that with the addition of voice dictation. (Insert raised hands emoji here.)</p><p>
Developers with access to the third tvOS 9.2 beta update discovered on Monday that the next version of the software includes support for dictation and Siri for App Store searches. This is major. Searching for apps using the touchpad is a pain. Entering your username and password is worse. My Apple ID is lengthy, my password comprised of various letters, numbers, and symbols. I have actually debated internally whether I really need an app, just to avoid the five minutes it will take to find and install. (I have my Apple TV set to require an iTunes login for paid apps, but you can change that setting.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3031639/hardware/the-most-annoying-apple-tv-feature-is-about-to-be-fixed.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The most annoying Apple TV feature is about to be fixed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: