Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Turns out: Apple offers prorated AppleCare refunds  (Read 366 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 15, 2015, 03:00:13 am »

Turns out: Apple offers prorated AppleCare refunds

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
It’s important to admit ignorance; otherwise, you’re arrogant. I had no idea that the extended-warranty plans, AppleCare and AppleCare+, could be refunded on a pro-rata basis for the unused remaining portion, despite ostensibly being a veteran reporter of things Apple. This wouldn’t change any actions I’ve taken nor my recommendations. But it does shift some of the discussion around iPhone installment plans, which I just wrote about, describing swapping my phone from AT&amp;T to the Apple iPhone Upgrade plan.</p><p>
But there it is on Apple’s site! Reader “suspiciouschicken” alerted us in the comments on the iPhone-swap article. (It’s always the most suspicious chickens who notice these things.) Apple says its formula varies by country. This is because countries and regions have varying rules about how warranties must be honored and rebated. In the United States, the formula is, paraphrased:</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2991950/apple-phone/turns-out-apple-offers-prorated-applecare-refunds.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Turns out: Apple offers prorated AppleCare refunds
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: