Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WeChat ban is hurtful to people who still have family and friends in China  (Read 314 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 08, 2020, 04:05:18 pm »

WeChat ban is hurtful to people who still have family and friends in China

Executive orders banning WeChat unnecessarily vilify people who rely on those apps to talk to loved ones.

After lots of lip service from the Trump administration about potentially banning TikTok and WeChat, Trump finally signed executive orders to stop the apps from being used in the U.S. Regardless of what you think of this decision, there's a real human impact to these executives order that can't be ignored.

As a Canadian, you may think I don't have a horse in this race, but as an avid user of WeChat, I'm very concerned with the scope and potential global effects of the WeChat ban. There's a possibility that it can affect me, but even if it doesn't, there's plenty of reasons these bans are upsetting, with the primary reason being how important WeChat can be to people who have family and friends in China.

People use WeChat to communicate with loved ones

You may think of WeChat as a messaging app, but for people who live in China, it's so much more than that. China bans lots of...

Source: WeChat ban is hurtful to people who still have family and friends in China
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: