Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Developers resorting to giving away apps to help them make sales is insane  (Read 203 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: December 07, 2020, 04:05:18 pm »

Developers resorting to giving away apps to help them make sales is insane

There's no doubting that independent developers have it hard on the App Store and I'm fairly confident everyone reading this will agree with me there. The sheer number of apps in the App Store in 2020 makes discoverability almost impossible and Apple knows it. It's why it's spending money and time on App Store editorial, highlighting apps that might otherwise go unnoticed. But it's a problem that doesn't have an easy fix, unfortunately.

I've been trying to help smaller developers out where I can, sharing their apps here and on Twitter. But again, that won't fix the problem and I'm not here to tell you what will. But I do want to give a little anecdote to show just how bad things have gotten.

Right now developers are giving their apps away in an attempt to sell more apps.

Yes, you read that right.

Indie App Santa is a project that will see a new independent app go free or be heavily discounted every day through December. Aviary was free yesterday. Today it's The Wallpaper App. But...

Source: Developers resorting to giving away apps to help them make sales is insane
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: