Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to share files between OS X user accounts  (Read 316 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: January 21, 2015, 09:00:17 pm »

How to share files between OS X user accounts

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
In a recent column about making the most of Migration Assistant I made the off-hand remark that it’s no big deal to move files from one account on your Mac to another. This caused concern from at least one commenter who considered the process onerous. Given that moving files between accounts isn’t entirely clear to everyone, I thought I’d provide the details now.</p><p>
We start with the understanding that OS X is designed as a multi-user operating system—one where files stored in one account are not easily accessible in another. For example, if Susie and Chris share a Mac, Susie should not be able to see the contents of Chris’ Documents folder while working in her account and vice versa. If Susie tries, she’ll see that Chris’ Documents folder bears a red “no trespassing” icon indicating that her way is barred.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2872311/how-to-share-files-between-os-x-user-accounts.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to share files between OS X user accounts
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: