Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Think Retro: The Macintosh Portable is about as portable as a sack of potatoes  (Read 287 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 17, 2015, 09:00:17 pm »

Think Retro: The Macintosh Portable is about as portable as a sack of potatoes

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
In the picture above, I am holding a Macintosh Portable, the spiritual ancestor of the MacBook Air. Well, that’s what I’m holding in my left hand; in my right, for reasons which will shortly become clear, I’m holding a sack of potatoes.</p><p>
Yes, the Macintosh Portable is the spiritual ancestor of the MacBook Air in that it took everything that was great about the Mac and made it portable, and it’s even true that the basic recipe of a screen, keyboard, pointing device, battery, CPU, and storage all wrapped up in a clamshell design is common to both—but the difference in weight is staggering. That’s an apt adjective, too, since unless you’re prepared for it, if someone hands you a Macintosh Portable you are apt to stagger a little as your center of gravity shifts unexpectedly.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2884385/think-retro-the-macintosh-portable-is-about-as-portable-as-a-sack-of-potatoes.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Think Retro: The Macintosh Portable is about as portable as a sack of potatoes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: