Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking Apple Watch for a run? Don't forget your iPhone  (Read 422 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: March 12, 2015, 09:00:18 am »

Taking Apple Watch for a run? Don't forget your iPhone

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
This runner’s idea of heaven is strapping a 38mm Apple Watch Sport to my wrist, throwing on a Bluetooth headset, and hitting the Prospect Park loop completely unencumbered.</p><p>
But my hopes were dashed when I realized during Monday’s Apple Watch event that some key fitness features won’t work if I run without my iPhone 6. The Watch’s heart rate sensor and accelerometer work on their own, and the native Workout app can track different kinds of workouts that don’t require GPS. All of that information can later be synced with your phone if you exercise without it.</p><h2>An iPhone companion</h2>
<p>
On Monday, Apple took the wraps off new Watch app partners, including fit tech companies like Nike, Runtastic, and Strava, which will track your workout progress on your wrist. It’s a far more convenient place to see your current pace than having to unlock your phone and fumble through various screens.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2895094/taking-apple-watch-for-a-run-dont-forget-your-iphone.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Taking Apple Watch for a run? Don't forget your iPhone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: