Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The mysterious case of the unauthorized iTunes Store purchases  (Read 459 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: February 09, 2015, 09:00:17 pm »

The mysterious case of the unauthorized iTunes Store purchases

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
On January 19, I received an email from Apple’s iTunes Store containing a list of songs I had recently purchased. The only problem? I hadn’t bought any of them.</p><p>
Now, I’m highly paranoid about account issues, and have two-step verification enabled on both of my Apple IDs. I checked to make sure no other settings had been changed and I hadn’t seen any telltales of my account being cracked.</p><p>
While I’m not an active target of abuse, I have waded into the GamerGate controversy, although purchasing about $8 in songs hardly seemed like something done to harass. Perhaps it was a “pilot fish,” an attempt to probe at a weakness, see if it could be exploited, and then used for worse ends? One of the songs was Mike Oldfield’s “Tubular Bells,” better known as the theme to the movie The Omen, which did seem a bit ominous.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2881456/the-mysterious-case-of-the-unauthorized-itunes-store-purchases.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The mysterious case of the unauthorized iTunes Store purchases
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: