Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Change Case uses OS X Services to expand TextEdit  (Read 620 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 13, 2010, 03:00:13 pm »

Change Case uses OS X Services to expand TextEdit

Mac OS X Services have been around for a while, but not many people use them. Under the title of any Cocoa program in the upper left of the menu bar, you'll find an option for Services. This brings up a pull-down menu of services that are appropriate to the program at hand. They can be a real time saver.

I use TextEdit for writing my TUAW posts, and it's always running. Recently, I found a neat service that works wonders for TextEdit and (I'm sure) a bunch of other text editors. It's free for the downloading from Ron Fleckner in Melbourne, Australia. What you'll get is a ZIP file that expands into a little, 86KB application file called Change Case.

Once installed, select some words or sentences, go to Services, and you'll get a screen like the one above. It's pretty self explanatory; ALL CAPS, All lowercase, and Toggle Case do just what they say. Word Capitals capitalizes each word in a sentence, and camelCase (which you might know as InterCap) is mostly used for brand names. It turns something like " My Program" into "MyProgram." While it's true that a few of these options are available in TextEdit under the Edit-> Transformations menu (namely: Make Upper Case, Make Lower Case and Capitalize), the Services menu is easier to get to, and Change Case does more.TUAWChange Case uses OS X Services to expand TextEdit originally appeared on The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW) on Fri, 13 Aug 2010 09:00:00 EST.  Please see our terms for use of feeds.Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

http://www.tuaw.com/2010/08/13/change-case-uses-os-x-services-to-expand-textedit/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: