Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to move your website to a new host  (Read 393 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 08, 2015, 03:00:13 pm »

How to move your website to a new host

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
If you run a website—whether it’s a small, personal site dedicated to a hobby or interest, or a larger site that you use to promote your work or sell a product—there may come a time when you want to move it. Your site may have outgrown your current hosting plan, you may be disappointed in the service or support of your hosting provider, or you may simply want to change because you’ve found a better price.</p><p>
My website, Kirkville, recently started outgrowing its hosting plan. With traffic reaching around 250,000 page views a month, I hit the limit of what my provider could support with standard, shared hosting. All it would take was one article that got a lot of traction, and the site could be overloaded. In addition, my previous host had a server problem back in February, which kept my site offline for about 36 hours, and I was unhappy with their support. So, I decided it was time to move.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2907293/how-to-move-your-website.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to move your website to a new host
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: