Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac 911: How to erase your Mac's hard drive the right way  (Read 332 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 10, 2015, 03:00:13 pm »

Mac 911: How to erase your Mac's hard drive the right way

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
When you sell or donate a Mac or give it to a family member, it’s best to make a clean break: wipe the puppy clean, reinstall the latest version of OS X, and hand off a system that you’re not worried has remnants of yourself on it.</p><p>
But how can you be sure? Readers have written in with several related questions, so let’s talk this week about erasing a drive, how FileVault 2 encryption can play into it, and out-of-date Recovery Drive partitions.</p><h2>Erase and leave no trace</h2>
<p>
Reader Jim Kay, who asked about migrating from one Mac to another a couple of weeks ago, had a second question as well that opens a delightful can of worms:</p>

<p>
Since I’m looking to resell my current Mac, how do I reinstall OS X, so as to wipe my hard drive and resell knowing the new buyer has a cleaned-up computer, and my files are nowhere to be found on it?</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2906499/mac-911-how-to-erase-your-macs-hard-drive-the-right-way.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: [
url=http://www.macworld.com/article/2906499/mac-911-how-to-erase-your-macs-hard-drive-the-right-way.html#tk.rss_all]Mac 911: How to erase your Mac's hard drive the right way[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: