Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got a new MacBook? USB Target Disk Mode works with the right cable (which Apple doesn't sell)  (Read 343 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: April 20, 2015, 09:00:11 pm »

Got a new MacBook? USB Target Disk Mode works with the right cable (which Apple doesn't sell)

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
On Friday, you might have read my and executive editor Susie Ochs’s experiences with our out-of-the-box, retail purchased MacBooks. We had a lot of glitches in setup and configuration, many confirmed by other MacBook owners and some by people who had experienced the same problems in setting up new Macs.</p><p>
But the one truly unexpected part had to do with migration. Because of an OS X mismatch—the MacBook shipped with 10.10.2 and my MacBook Air had 10.10.3 installed—I was unable to use the initial setup assistant to migrate. (If I’d been persistent, I could have booted into the Recovery Disk on the MacBook, used network recovery to download and install 10.10.3 on the startup partition, and then proceeded.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2911813/got-a-new-macbook-usb-target-disk-mode-works-with-the-right-cable-which-apple-doesnt-sell.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Got a new MacBook? USB Target Disk Mode works with the right cable (which Apple doesn't sell)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: