Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolfram's nifty new Image Identify site tells you what's in a picture (sometimes)  (Read 420 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 16, 2015, 03:00:11 am »

Wolfram's nifty new Image Identify site tells you what's in a picture (sometimes)

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
A new website from Wolfram Alpha will attempt to identify any image you show it, though it’s more amusing than practical at the moment.</p><p>
To check it out, head to ImageIdentify.com and drop in any photo from your computer or mobile device. The site will spend a few seconds mulling it over before taking a guess at what the picture is showing.</p><p>
It’s pretty amazing when it works. Using the site, I was able to figure the breed of dog that kept following my wife and I around on our honeymoon (miniature pinscher) and the exact type of flower from a hike in Los Angeles (larkspur). It also does pretty well identifying simpler things, like the pizza photo I used in a Wednesday blog post.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2922498/wolframs-nifty-new-image-identify-site-tells-you-whats-in-a-picture-sometimes.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Wolfram's nifty new Image Identify site tells you what's in a picture (sometimes)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: