Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private I: The network vulnerability is coming from inside the house!  (Read 530 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 23, 2015, 09:00:10 pm »

Private I: The network vulnerability is coming from inside the house!

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
There’s no doubt that networked resources like printers, scanners, and storage devices have a huge degree of utility. But cheaper and older peripherals don’t always have the gumption to connect via Wi-Fi or ethernet. USB is the only option, or at the least, it’s far cheaper. Networking USB devices is thus a clever workaround. Apple has supported external access to printers via AirPort Express since 2004, and to storage via its AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule base stations since 2007.</p><p>
A licensed technology called NetUSB made by a Taiwanese firm has extended the same sort of capability to many millions of routers and other network hubs, including those made by Netgear and Zyxel. Using client software available for OS X and Windows, USB devices can be plugged in and then accessed almost like a shunt—as if the device were plugged locally to the computer—rather than a network-shared item as with Apple.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2925034/private-i-the-network-vulnerability-is-coming-from-inside-the-house.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Private I: The network vulnerability is coming from inside the house!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: