Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Photos' algorithm makes the manual sorting of images a quaint pastime  (Read 427 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: May 31, 2015, 09:00:13 am »

Google Photos' algorithm makes the manual sorting of images a quaint pastime

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Think of Google Photos as Gmail for pictures, said Google vice president Bradley Horowitz. Before Gmail existed, Horowitz recalled, he’d obsessively file away every email. But as the emails started to pile up, that practice became unsustainable. “E-mail would have been all I did if that model had stuck,” Horowitz said Thursday, during a press event at the Google I/O developers conference.</p><p>
Google Photos is an attempt to apply the Gmail model to still images and videos. Instead of expecting you to manage every photo, Google Photos wants you to surrender to the power of search and algorithms, which can recognize and sort everything on their own. “We’ve reached a point with the journey of photos where I think the system can take care of that tedium for you,” Horowitz said.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2928274/google-photos-algorithm-makes-the-manual-sorting-of-images-a-quaint-pastime.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Google Photos' algorithm makes the manual sorting of images a quaint pastime
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: