Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OutlineEdit review: Make simple outlines for your writing projects  (Read 369 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 08, 2015, 09:00:16 pm »

OutlineEdit review: Make simple outlines for your writing projects

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>I don’t use outlines often, but whenever I’m working on a book or a long article, I create an outline. I’ve long used The Omni Group’s OmniOutliner but I know I don’t need more than a fraction of the features that app offers. There are lots of other outliners available at much nicer prices, and Robin Schnaidt’s $9 OutlineEdit is an excellent choice for those who want to make outlines but don’t need all the power and complexity of other apps.</p><p>OutlineEdit offers all the usual features you’ll find in an outliner. It automatically assigns levels to texts you enter as you press the Tab key. You can fold items, hiding the sub-items of a top-level item, for example, to make your outline view less cluttered. And it lets you move items up and down in the outline, changing their positions, or promoting or demoting them. It also offers checkboxes that you can use to mark items as completed. I often use this feature when I’m writing a book or long-form article, as I don’t necessarily write in a linear manner.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2932285/outlineedit-review-make-simple-outlines-for-your-writing-projects.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: OutlineEdit review: Make simple outlines for your writing projects
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: