Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The best launcher apps for iOS  (Read 336 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 20, 2015, 03:00:11 am »

The best launcher apps for iOS

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>iOS navigation has matured to the point where it doesn’t matter where our apps are hiding anymore—with a swipe and a few taps we can navigate through the deepest of folders in just a few seconds. Power users can manipulate iOS to do their bidding: We can launch apps, make calls, and send messages without needing to jump through a single home screen hoop, thanks to a little help from the Notification Center, Siri, and even Spotlight.</p><p>Launcher apps take this concept to another level. Where Apple’s solutions add up to little more than secret passages and hidden shortcuts, launchers provide a centralized place where we can manage and organize our favorite apps and everyday tasks into a single, contained system. While they’re not quite as powerful or convenient as the ones on our Macs (mostly due to the lack of keyboard shortcuts), launchers on iPhone are little gems of efficiency, condensing series of actions and complex taps into literal easy buttons, and saving our fingers from their routine daily calisthenics. For example, I can use iOS to devise a pretty easy way to call my wife—set her up as a favorite contact, enter the multitasking carousel, find her name at the top, tap, and select the phone icon—but with a launcher app I can boil that whole process down to a single tap.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2937226/the-best-launcher-apps-for-ios.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The best launcher apps for iOS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: