Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple Music couldn't convince Taylor Swift to stream her '1989' album  (Read 339 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 21, 2015, 03:00:15 pm »

Apple Music couldn't convince Taylor Swift to stream her '1989' album

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
It’s been nearly a year since Taylor Swift released her blockbuster album, 1989, but users on streaming services still won’t know what it sounds like.</p><p>
Swift’s latest album won’t be on Apple Music launching on June 30, BuzzFeed reports. Apple’s new streaming service will have the singer’s back catalog, however—as do other subscription music services like Rdio, Tidal, Beats Music, and Google Play Music All Access. All of Taylor Swift’s music is notably absent from Spotify because of its ad-supported, free tier. </p><p>
“It’s my opinion that music should not be free, and my prediction is that individual artists and their labels will someday decide what an album’s price point is,” Swift wrote about her decision in an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal. “I hope they don’t underestimate themselves or undervalue their art.”</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2938012/apple-music-couldnt-convince-taylor-swift-to-stream-her-1989-album.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Apple Music couldn't convince Taylor Swift to stream her '1989' album
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: