Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taylor Swift takes issue with Apple Music free trial in open letter  (Read 375 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: June 23, 2015, 03:00:12 am »

Taylor Swift takes issue with Apple Music free trial in open letter

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Apple’s plan to offer Apple Music to customers for free for the first three months—and not pay musicians royalties during that time—has not gone over so well with some in the music industry. That includes one Taylor Swift.</p><p>In a post she published to her Tumblr, Swift explains that she decided to withhold her album 1989 from the streaming service at launch to protest Apple Music’s no-royalties trial period. </p><p>She writes:</p>

<p>“I’m sure you are aware that Apple Music will be offering a free 3 month trial to anyone who signs up for the service. I’m not sure you know that Apple Music will not be paying writers, producers, or artists for those three months. I find it to be shocking, disappointing, and completely unlike this historically progressive and generous company.”</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2938635/taylor-swift-takes-issue-with-apple-music-free-trial-in-open-letter.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: [
url=http://www.macworld.com/article/2938635/taylor-swift-takes-issue-with-apple-music-free-trial-in-open-letter.html#tk.rss_all]Taylor Swift takes issue with Apple Music free trial in open letter[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: