Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private I: Hijacked DNS puts iOS virtual private networks at slight risk  (Read 322 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 07, 2015, 09:00:11 am »

Private I: Hijacked DNS puts iOS virtual private networks at slight risk

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Virtual private network (VPN) connections designed to keep data safe from snooping eyes may be vulnerable to two forms of network attacks by malicious parties with access to a local network, a research paper (PDF) explained on June 30. The founders of Cloak, a VPN service with native iOS and OS X apps, say that the more severe of the two vulnerabilities also exists in iOS’s most deeply integrated VPN protocol, and can’t be mitigated without Apple’s involvement.</p><p>
A VPN creates an encrypted “tunnel” between two endpoints, one on a computer or mobile device and another on a server in a data center (for public VPNs, like Cloak, TunnelBear, and many others) or on a company’s network. This tunnel is designed to prevent sniffing of a connection at a public place and over broadband networks.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2943534/private-i-hijacked-dns-puts-ios-virtual-private-networks-at-slight-risk.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Private I: Hijacked DNS puts iOS virtual private networks at slight risk
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: