Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The mystery of the iMac's granddaddy: The Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh  (Read 399 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 09, 2015, 09:00:14 pm »

The mystery of the iMac's granddaddy: The Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>I got not one, but two very exciting Macs this week. The first was a new main Mac, the replacement for my trusty 2008 MacBook Pro: A tricked-out 5K iMac.</p><p>The second, though, was just as exciting: I became the caretaker for a Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh, the grandfather of the modern iMac.</p><p>The TAM is a complete aberration. It doesn’t fit into any product line, it cost $7,499 when introduced, only a few thousand were made, and nothing like it would ever be made again. Few enough people have ever heard of it, never mind know what one looks like, and fewer still own one. And yet at the same time, the same design decisions that gave us the basic formula for an all-in-one—which we first saw with the iMac G5—clearly informed the design of the TAM. </p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2944687/the-mystery-of-the-imacs-granddaddy-the-twentieth-anniversary-macintosh.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The mystery of the iMac's granddaddy: The Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: