Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private I: Firefox and others deal with unwanted trackers, whether ads or malicious  (Read 397 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 10, 2015, 09:00:11 pm »

Private I: Firefox and others deal with unwanted trackers, whether ads or malicious

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
You’d think checking a box labeled Do Not Track would indicate a strong preference for, you know: not being tracked. And yet that is not the case. Those who sell slots to advertisers or gather demographic and other personal data to associate with individuals and improve targeting have a desperate interest in following our every move online.</p><p>
The more closely advertising is targeted to our needs, the more likely we are to not just to pay attention (worth a little), click (worth something), or follow through with buying or signing up (worth a lot). Those who sell advertising slots, and the advertisers who buy them, would prefer to have the best, unmediated access to you.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2945007/private-i-firefox-and-others-deal-with-unwanted-trackers-whether-ads-or-malicious.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Private I: Firefox and others deal with unwanted trackers, whether ads or malicious
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: