Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battle of the HomeKit hubs: Lutron Caseta versus Insteon  (Read 344 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 14, 2015, 09:00:12 am »

Battle of the HomeKit hubs: Lutron Caseta versus Insteon

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
If you thought Apple would swoop in with its HomeKit platform and solve all the ills that bedevil the fledgling smart-home market, that it would show the rest of the industry just how simple it can be to enable consumers to build out a smart home, your faith has yet to be rewarded. Judging by the first two HomeKit hubs to reach the market—Lutron’s Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge Pro and Insteon’s Insteon Hub Pro—Apple is having as much difficulty taming the installation beast as any other manufacturer that’s made the attempt.</p><p>
Putting a smart home together is a lot of work. I know, because I built one from scratch seven years ago. I’ve tweaked and modified and upgraded numerous times since then and it’s still not perfect. Some changes were difficult to implement, and an upgrade to one subsystem sometimes breaks another. The connected home is coming closer to being mainstream every day, but it’s not there, yet. I’m sure Apple’s presence in this space will help—competition always does—but don’t buy into HomeKit thinking the folks in Cupertino have broken the code.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2947232/battle-of-the-homekit-hubs-lutron-caseta-versus-insteon.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Battle of the HomeKit hubs: Lutron Caseta versus Insteon
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: