Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How I learned to stop worrying and embrace the iOS 9 beta on my old iPad  (Read 284 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 14, 2015, 09:00:12 pm »

How I learned to stop worrying and embrace the iOS 9 beta on my old iPad

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Everyone knows that putting beta software on your primary device is a huge risk, especially if you haven’t backed up in a long time (or ever). But I like to live dangerously, so I plan to put the iOS 9 beta on my iPhone 6—yes, the one I carry every day. To prepare, I decided to use my third-generation iPad, a sometimes temperamental but always available workhorse, as a guinea pig.</p><p>
I wasn’t expecting much when I upgraded. Though iOS 9 adds impressive multitasking capabilities to the iPad, none of them are compatible with the third-gen model—you need an iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, or iPad mini 3 for the Slide Over and Picture-in-Picture features, and Split View (the feature I want most) is only functional on the iPad Air 2.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2947544/ios/how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-embrace-the-ios-9-beta-on-my-old-ipad.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How I learned to stop worrying and embrace the iOS 9 beta on my old iPad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: