Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Private I: El Capitan's System Integrity Protection will shift utilities' functions  (Read 281 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 16, 2015, 09:00:11 pm »

Private I: El Capitan's System Integrity Protection will shift utilities' functions

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
iOS is so locked down that disabling protections in order to install your own modifications is called “jailbreaking.” But OS X has remained free and easy—until now. El Capitan adds some security improvements that should make OS X more resistent to exploitation by malware, but it will also mean a change or end to some software utilities on which you may rely.</p><p>
OS X 10.11 includes System Integrity Protection, discussed in early June at Apple’s annual Worldwide Developer’s Conference, which will prevent the modification or removal of certain system files, among other changes. By locking more of the core system down, it adds another hurdle to any malware that needs to fiddle with things that typically don’t need to be modified. Apple provides a way to disable this protection, but it’s unlikely that most regular users will avail themselves of it.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2948140/os-x/private-i-el-capitans-system-integrity-protection-will-shift-utilities-functions.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Private I: El Capitan's System Integrity Protection will shift utilities' functions
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: