Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spotify challenges Apple Music's superior playlists with Discover Weekly  (Read 351 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 20, 2015, 09:00:11 pm »

Spotify challenges Apple Music's superior playlists with Discover Weekly

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Apple Music has garnered some decidedly mixed reviews, but one thing every critic can agree on: The streaming service’s daily recommendations of human-curated playlists are undeniably awesome.</p><p>
But not so fast, says Spotify. The top streaming service is now using algorithms to serve up a personalized playlist, Discover Weekly, to prove it knows you at least as well as Apple Music—and maybe better.</p><p>
I put my Spotify membership on hold to give Apple Music’s free three-month trial a shot, but I still haven’t decided which service deserves my allegiance. I love Apple Music’s playlists, especially the constantly changing ones it recommends to me in the app’s For You tab. Spotify understands that it’s not enough to offer the same streaming library every other service has, and it continues to prove it’s a serious contender for the streaming service to beat with new features like podcasts, original videos, and playlist recommendations pegged to time of day and activity. Discover Weekly is another win.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2949908/streaming-services/spotify-challenges-apple-musics-superior-playlists-with-discover-weekly.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Spotify challenges Apple Music's superior playlists with Discover Weekly
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: