Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saying goodbye to a beloved 2008 MacBook Pro  (Read 311 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: July 28, 2015, 03:00:11 am »

Saying goodbye to a beloved 2008 MacBook Pro

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>When someone retires, it’s customary to give a glowing speech that praises their long service and contributions. Well, I’ve just retired my 2008 MacBook Pro, and I’d like to do the same.</p><p>This machine was—and is—a rock, completely solid and completely reliable. (It also feels like you’re carrying a rock, by modern standards.) It has lasted me for seven years, and frankly, it’s still going strong. “Apple Tax,” schmapple tax. The decision to retire it wasn’t made because of one big reason—it hasn’t stopped working (though it’s beginning to fray at the edges a little) and it hasn’t become too slow (though I was occasionally becoming frustrated with export times as I do more work in Final Cut Pro). It’s just time to treat myself to something that will make my working life just a little more pleasant. </p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2952713/macbooks/saying-goodbye-to-a-beloved-2008-macbook-pro.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Saying goodbye to a beloved 2008 MacBook Pro
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: