Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teach your children: Screens are good  (Read 339 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: August 11, 2015, 03:00:14 am »

Teach your children: Screens are good

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>When I first brought my daughter home from the hospital, I was so paranoid about how any sort of screen time would crack her fragile eggshell mind, I only permitted the television to be on when the baby was asleep. Even then, I insisted that we keep the television on mute; we relied on closed caption to try and keep up with what was going on. (Our success was mixed: Sons Of Anarchy had perfect transcriptions of biker mayhem, while a PBS series on the Big Apple Circus was basically rendered as gibberish.)</p><p>My paranoia was not ill-founded. The past decade has seen a shift away from a two-screen lifestyle—computer and television—and toward an all-screen model where we can easily spend our waking time shifting our attention between our smartphones, our tablets, our computers and our televisions. Naturally, there’s been a rise in “won’t someone think of the children?” stories:</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2968319/ipad/teach-your-children-screens-are-good.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Teach your children: Screens are good
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: