Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I'm finally ready for an Apple stylus  (Read 326 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 03, 2015, 09:00:14 pm »

Why I'm finally ready for an Apple stylus

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
“Yech.”</p><p>
With a single dismissive utterance, Steve Jobs buried the stylus. During the iPhone’s introductory keynote, he briefly explained why a pen was the absolute wrong input device for the iPhone–too easy to lose, too clumsy to use–but it was a solitary “yech” that changed everyone’s mind about the stylus. Until that offhand exclamation, people actually liked using styluses, and the idea of an Apple phone shipping with one wasn’t an outlandish notion. But to hear Steve’s expression of disgust made it seem like a stylus was about as useful as a zip drive.</p><p>
Years later he would extrapolate on his interjection, explaining that when it comes to touchscreen devices, “If you see a stylus, they blew it.” But by then the digital writing utensil was already filling out papers in the unemployment line. The stylus had become anathema to Apple fans, an otherwise useless pointing device that pales in comparison to the 10 we’re born with.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2978941/ipad/why-im-finally-ready-for-an-apple-stylus.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Why I'm finally ready for an Apple stylus
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: