Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sonos redesigns its Play:5 speaker, announces Trueplay room-tuning software  (Read 336 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: September 30, 2015, 03:00:13 am »

Sonos redesigns its Play:5 speaker, announces Trueplay room-tuning software

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
I couldn’t talk about one of the most exciting products I saw at IFA while I was in Berlin. Sonos had a booth at the show, but you needed an invitation to a secret booth—essentially a studio apartment that Sonos hid in a staging area between exhibit halls—where the company demonstrated its new flagship powered speaker and some impressive new software called Trueplay.</p><p>
I’ll cover Trueplay first, for two reasons: First, it’s a free upgrade that will be available to anyone who owns a Sonos component (although it will only work with the Play:1, Play:3, and Play:5 speakers at launch). Second, the demo in Berlin blew my mind. When you launch Trueplay on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch (and it must be an iOS device, for reasons I’ll explain later) the speaker will emit a series of tones as you walk around the room, raising and lowering the device, bringing it close to and further away from the walls. The process requires the room to be relatively quiet, but it takes only about three minutes for each speaker, and you don’t need to repeat it unless you move the speaker or significantly rearrange your furniture.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2987187/speakers/sonos-redesigns-its-play5-speaker-announces-trueplay-room-tuning-software.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Sonos redesigns its Play:5 speaker, announces Trueplay room-tuning software
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: