Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you delete a photo from iCloud Photo Library, is it gone forever?  (Read 291 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 06, 2015, 03:00:13 am »

If you delete a photo from iCloud Photo Library, is it gone forever?

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
Leo Kostizen wants to migrate from Aperture to Photos and use iCloud Photo Library. However, he’s worried that once he’s enabled the cloud-based photo syncing and storage system on all his iOS devices and his Mac that a deletion in one place deletes the items everywhere.</p>

<p>
If a deletion is made on any device, the same picture is deleted on all devices connected to the cloud…What if I retain full-resolution pictures on my iMac? Will the deletion also be made here?</p><p>
I can see a grandchild accidentally deleting a few pictures on iPad and me not even realizing that they are gone. I always keep a backup but it would be difficult to tell whether I need to restore.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2985081/software-photography/if-you-delete-a-photo-from-icloud-music-library-is-it-gone-forever.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: [
url=http://www.macworld.com/article/2985081/software-photography/if-you-delete-a-photo-from-icloud-music-library-is-it-gone-forever.html#tk.rss_all]If you delete a photo from iCloud Photo Library, is it gone forever?[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: