Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why bookmark logo icons disappear in Safari  (Read 328 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 19, 2015, 03:00:15 am »

Why bookmark logo icons disappear in Safari

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
TK Oates writes in with a commonly seen problem:</p>

<p>
When I logged in at the CPH [
Copenhagen, Denmark] airport for their free Wi-Fi, many of my Safari icons were changed to the airport logo. How do I change them back?</p>
<p>
This is the heartbreak of portal pages, something you’d think would be solved after about 15 years of publicly available Wi-Fi networks that use interception technology to require you to accept terms of service, watch an ad, log in, or make a payment to use the network.</p><p>
That interception page breaks the domain naming system (DNS) process that turns human-readable names (like <code>macworld.com</code>) into the underlying IP addresses that are the lifeblood of the Internet. Any domain that’s typed in gets intercepted and effectively redirected to the locked-down portal page until you make the right choice. (Choose wisely!)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2991537/software-web/fixing-bookmark-logos-after-using-airport-or-other-hotspots.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: Why bookmark logo icons disappear in Safari
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: