Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Use iOS's Guided Access to disable Photos delete and other app features  (Read 407 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 20, 2015, 03:00:14 pm »

Use iOS's Guided Access to disable Photos delete and other app features

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
I recently answered a reader’s question about whether deleting an image or video in Photos for OS X and iOS with iCloud Photo Library meant the photo was gone forever. (The answer is: Not immediately unless someone then also deletes it from the Recently Deleted special album.)</p><p>
I said there was no way to prevent someone using your iOS or OS X device from using the delete feature, but Ralph van Doorn wrote in with an excellent suggestion!</p>

<p>
I would recommend that you set the iPhone or iPad on Guided Access and disable the delete button. You set it once, and whenever I give my iPad to my son, I start Photos, and triple-click the home button to start Guided Access, and I don’t have to worry about photos being deleted.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2989977/operating-systems/guided-access-can-disable-photos-delete-and-other-app-features.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: [
url=http://www.macworld.com/article/2989977/operating-systems/guided-access-can-disable-photos-delete-and-other-app-features.html#tk.rss_all]Use iOS's Guided Access to disable Photos delete and other app features[/url]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: