Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to set up old iPhone as an "iPod touch"  (Read 278 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 21, 2015, 03:00:16 pm »

How to set up old iPhone as an "iPod touch"

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Reader Grayson Price asks:</p>

<p>I recently got a new iPhone 6, and I still use my old iPhone 5 as a glorified iPod. Is there a way to set up text message forwarding on my iPhone 5? Is there a way to install the iPod version of the OS on the phone?</p>

<p>I’ll start with the second: Fortunately, iOS is essentially the same on every iOS device for which the release runs. It’s only since iOS 4 that the original iPad appeared and caused a divergence, which was rectified by iOS 5. Since then, you can just install the latest update to any phone that supports it.</p><p>iOS 8 and 9 work on models of iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad that date back years. An iPhone 5 can be updated just fine, and any phone features you don’t need, because the phone isn’t activated on a cellular network, simply remain unavailable. In my house, we have an ancient iPhone that can’t be updated past iOS 7, and it remains in use for certain games.</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2991539/smartphones/how-to-set-up-old-iphone-as-an-ipod-touch.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: How to set up old iPhone as an &quot;iPod touch&quot;
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: