Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The case of the missing El Capitan hard disk space  (Read 430 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: October 27, 2015, 03:00:15 am »

The case of the missing El Capitan hard disk space

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>Each version of OS X in recent years has been more efficient and often sheds space after installation rather than demanding more. However, Thom Vagt found the opposite: an upgrade led to less reported remaining space.</p>

<p>On my late 2013 model MBP which was running Yosemite 10.10.5, my available disk space went from 230GB of free space to 183GB. I have run disk utility and it tells me all is fine with the SSD 1TB disk.</p>

<p>I’ve seen similar problems at times with my various Macs, and so have many users. You should pinpoint where the free-space reporting error is first, however.</p><figure class="large ">mac911 os x about storage" width="580" height="333 <figcaption>
<p>The About This Mac window reveals space use on drives in a graphical display. Is it accurate?</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/2997252/storage/the-case-of-the-missing-el-capitan-hard-disk-space.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The case of the missing El Capitan hard disk space
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: