Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Mac App Store: With convenience comes compromise  (Read 384 times)
HCK
Global Moderator

« on: November 10, 2015, 03:00:15 am »

The Mac App Store: With convenience comes compromise

<article>
   <section class="page">
<p>
As both a consumer of OS X apps and as a part of the OS X independent developer community, I find these words somewhat troubling when I encounter them in the marketing for a given app:</p><p>
<strong>Available exclusively on the Mac App Store</strong></p><p>
Why troubling? For many reasons, though those reasons vary based on whether I’m wearing my consumer hat or my developer hat.</p><h2>The consumer hat</h2>
<p>
As a consumer, I don’t like it when a developer only offers their apps in the Mac App Store. Here are the short-and-sweet reasons why “consumer me” dislikes App Store only solutions.</p><h3>No demos, no refunds</h3>
<p>
The App Store has no official “try before you buy” solution. Some developers may offer a free “lite” version of their app, so you can see how it works, but such versions are typically feature-limited. If you don’t like what you bought, tough—the official policy is no refunds. (You can usually get one, but try too often, and you won’t get any more.)</p><p class="jumpTag"><a href="/article/3002141/software/the-mac-app-store-with-convenience-comes-several-compromises.html#jump">To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here[/url]</p></section></article>

Source: The Mac App Store: With convenience comes compromise
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: